Of the hundreds of articles published by Impakter this year – there were over 1200 – the ten articles below were among those that were most read and shared. Get yourself a nice hot cup of tea or coffee, sink into your favorite chair, and catch up on these great reads or revisit them.
1. Fast Fashion’s Detrimental Effect on the Environment (October 20)
Fast fashion clothing retailers like Zara, Forever 21 and H&M make cheap and fashionable clothing, but the cost comes at a high price.
2. COVID-19 Impacts on Marriage and Divorce (March 25)
Pandemic-induced lockdown, feelings of isolation and economic collapse have deeply affected marriage and divorce across the world. Here is how.
3. Seaspiracy: Shocking Revelations but Wrong Data and Wrong Message (April 5)
Seaspiracy, a Netflix documentary that has gone viral, sheds much-needed light on the destruction of the oceans, but provides the wrong solution. Here’s why.
4. ‘The Billion Dollar Code’: The Tech World and its Goliaths (October 12)
Netflix’s new miniseries based on true events depicts a lawsuit between a German tech startup and Google – raising questions about the role of corporate tech giants in our society
5. Minimalism: How to Declutter Your Space and Mind (November 30)
Minimalism argues that less consumption and fewer material possessions will lead to greater happiness – here are some tips to achieve a minimalist lifestyle
6. Bezos and Amazon: Going Really Green or Pretending? (January 27)
Amazon is rated C (mediocre) on the Impakter Sustainability Index despite Bezos’ ambitious green plans requiring over $2 billion in investment. Here is why.
7. Is Uniqlo’s ‘LifeWear’ as Sustainable as it Claims? (April 1)
The Impakter Sustainability Index has given Uniqlo a C rating, which means Uniqlo is “mediocre” on the front of sustainability. Here’s how this happened.
8. Seismic Shift by G7 in Recognizing One Health as Critical to Everyone’s Health (June 13)
The G7 has recognized on June 13 at its meeting in Glasgow the crucial importance of One Health, especially to prevent/address future pandemics.
9. Youth Has a Key Role in Peace Processes (July 27)
The role of youth in peace processes has been ignored yet young people have shown that they are able to play an active role. Here is how to include them.
10. Our Sustainable Future: Lab-grown meat (March 26)
With lab-grown meat no longer a distant reality, the question as to whether it is a sustainable alternative to meat has become increasingly important. Here are some answers.