IMPAKTER UP Community Platform member, BtrLyf – Digital Built Environment Ecosystem by Qi Square is one of the pre-approved solutions under the Advanced Digital Solutions (ADS) funding scheme provided by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), in Singapore.
The ADS scheme was first announced as part of Singapore’s Resilience Budget 2020. Launched by Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat, the ADS will boost the confidence of the building industry in adopting sustainable solutions.
Singapore aims to help its enterprises deepen their digital capabilities. The country also aims to strengthen business continuity measures and build longer-term resilience. This comes at a perfect time considering some sectors of the building industry have suffered from the pandemic.
What Does This Mean For Costumers And For BtrLyf?
The ADS funding allows qualifying customers to save quite a lot. They will save up to 80% on the subscription to the Enhanced Digital Green Assessor (EDGAR) cloud app of BtrLyf. While the ADS fund will cover the majority of the costs, customers will only have to pay the remaining 20%.
BtrLyf is an ideal tool for building owners, facility managers, consultants, and Energy Saving Companies (ESCOs). It allows quick access to building data and instant assessment on-cloud for their green building projects.
According to Nilesh Jadhav, co-founder, and CEO of Qi Square Pte Ltd, this could have a very positive impact on the green building industry: “Green Building design, certification, and retrofit require a coordinated effort between the building owner/manager, consultants, and solution providers. A typical assessment done at the start of any green building project is highly manual and requires specialized skills and resources (e.g., certified auditors) to visit the building and collect the necessary data for assessment through a site inspection”.
He also added that “much of the data in the industry is not well structured and knowledge of technologies to go green is not effectively shared across all the stakeholders such as the building owner, consultants, financiers, and product suppliers”.
RELATED ARTICLES: China & Singapore Deepen Special Relationship with Green Finance Collaboration | Singapore Making Leaps In Green Finance | Sustainable New Age: Catalytic Buildings | Hydronic Shell Technologies: Retrofitting buildings to net-zero emissions | Buildings, and Construction: A sleeping giant for climate action |
Why Is It Important To Have “Smart” Buildings
Digitalization is now steadily adopted in several industries. The building industry is however not at the forefront of digitalization. It tends to be rather traditional when it comes to the use of digital solutions. However, there is a need for digital solutions including IoT, data analytics, smart meters, building management systems, and AI-enabled solutions.
By performing a low-cost assessment using this funding support, the building industry can set itself well on the path towards building back better.
BtrLyf’s EDGAR tool provides an opportunity for the building industry to exchange data virtually and at a much lower cost. It also improves the productivity of professionals involved in green building projects and helps them to effectively work remotely.
Consultants and Sustainability managers can run green building assessments instantly. With a few clicks instead of days and weeks of effort to collect the data, perform calculations and make reports.
Singapore launched its Green Plan last year with the aim to advance the country’s sustainable development. With data-driven tools like BtrLyf, it would be much easier to understand how buildings can affect the environment.
Will other countries or cities around the world follow Singapore’s path?
Editor’s Note: The opinions expressed here by Impakter.com columnists are their own, not those of Impakter.com